Clay has some extraordinary skin cleansing and detoxifying properties. Rich in minerals, the benefits of clay in helping to clear blemishes, remove impurities, and leave you with glowy skin, are unmatched. This is likely why people all around the world are using clay masks in the hopes of getting a younger, more beautiful skin.
To ensure you are getting the best benefits out of a clay mask, it's best to know how to use one properly and the best technique and tools to make one. Some think the longer clay a mask remains on the face the better their skin will be but that is incorrect.
Anyway, there is one question I get a lot and that is, “what is the right way to use a clay facial mask?” Well, for your good, here is an easy step-by-step guide on using clay facial mask.
Step-by-step to using a clay facial mask
- As a general rule, you will want to make sure to cleanse your skin with a gentle cleansing option first before applying the face mask. Or else, you could be applying a face mask on top of layers of dirt, oil, and other contaminants.
- Next, you need to apply the clay mask evenly all over your face and neck using a clean facial brush. Keep in mind, however; the skin around your eyes, as well as your eyebrows and lips, are pretty delicate, so you may want to avoid these areas altogether.
- As soon as you have applied the mask correctly, let it dry on your skin for a good 10-15 minutes. You should bear in mind that keeping the mask on until it is perfectly dry can do more damage than good. It is true that the longer a mask dries, the more impurities it will be able to extract while being peeled off. For some skin types, however, over-drying can compromise the natural skin quality – causing skin dehydration or skin irritation.
- Taking off the mask is just as easy; you just need to cover your face with a warm damp towel to soften up the clay, rinse off the mask in a circular motion and pat dry with a face towel.
- Lastly, you need to lightly blot and sweep your face with a non-alcohol toner on a cotton pad. It will remove any mask residue and close pores to taper the penetration of dirt and other contaminants into your skin.
Who does not wish to have a flawless and healthy-looking face round the clock? Of course, everyone does, but only a few are familiar with how to actually go about doing it. Apply a clay mask on your face once or twice every week and ensure you have a radiant and beautiful skin at all times.
How do you normally do your clay mask treatments?